It’s freezing out here- and I’ve been brainstorming ways to embrace the winter, stick to my Weekday vegetarian lifestyle, and keep The Hubbin smiling! 😉
Curlies, nothing is more ‘cold weather perfect’ than a bowl of hot chili over slightly sweet homemade skillet cornbread! Delish! We’ve entered this Chili into cook off competitions and its beat it’s meatier competitors (the comments on the pic are REAL reviews!) I its official- have perfected a meatless, vegetarian recipe that is GUARANTEED to fool the biggest meat eater in the house! It’s so yum, and way less calories and fat! Enjoy! 😉
NAPNIC’s Easy Meatless “Fool The Hubbin” Chili!Ingredients:
-3 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans
-1 can sliced stewed tomatoes
-1 can petite diced tomatoes
-2 small Yellow Onions
-1 half a bag of Quorn Meatless Crumbles or Morningstar Vegetarian Crumbles
-1 tablespoon minced garlic
-2 tsp Italian seasoning
-1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
-1 tablespoon Cumin
-1 tablespoon Chili Powder
-3 tsp salt
-1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoning
-1 tablespoon Worchester Sauce
-1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
-1 tsp garlic powder
1. Brown diced onions in pan with light vegetable oil on medium high heat.
2. Add Vegetarian Meatless Crumbles, brown until somewhat ‘dry’ and not squishy (about 8 minutes)- stir constantly
3. Add all dry seasonings
4. Add tomatoes, stir for 5 minutes- turn down heat to medium and cook on low.
5. Strain out excess liquid from cans of beans.
6. Add cans of beans to pot, with liquid seasonings (hot sauce, worchester etc).
7. Allow to cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Taste to assure seasoning is to your liking- and adjust accordingly.
Serve hot alone, or over cornbread, with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese! Enjoy!