You all know I’m ALL about supporting product lines for naturals by naturals!
And I’m sure a lot of you hardcore product junkies have heard of the curly ‘kits and boxes’ that show up in your mail monthly with all sorts of goodies? No? They are online subscription programs that mail subscribers shipments of various hair products for them to try. It’s a great concept, with one BIG downside- you never know what you’re gonna get- and if you hate it- you’re STUCK!
Some of you may like surprises- but I know that I’m a ‘product baller on a budget’- so subscribing to I don’t know what every month, and adding to my ‘useless products pile’ is just a waste of $$$!
I thought I’d never get in on the product subscription trend until the founder of SwapSack- Ayieta Crawford- reached out to me.
Curlies- let me tell you- SwapSack is EVERYTHANG! It’s all the greatness of CurlBox/CurlKit and more…
Here’s how it works, from the Founder, herself:
SwapSack began as a community where natural hairstyle curlfriends could share product reviews, information, discounts and giveaways as well as swap products with one another. The concept took off quickly and a concerned, interactive community was built on Facebook.
Soon, swappers became so addicted to the swap process, that several stated that they were tempted to go purchase products just to have more items to swap.
While we have always encouraged swappers to swap items from subscription box memberships that they found not to their liking, the idea arouse for a similar service geared toward swapping activities.
Thus, we developed SwapSack. However, there are three distinct characteristics that make SwapSack unique in a growing plethora of product membership services:
1. SwapSack is all about the products. It is the most affordable hair and skin care product membership service at $14.50 per month. One way we do this is by eliminating the filler. No fancy boxes and tissue paper, no monthly magazines. We focus on the stuff, not the fluff.
2. Unlike other subscription boxes, where all members receive pretty much the exact same products each month, SwapSack gives our members a variety of different mixes of products – members SwapSacks will not all look the same. This maximizes the ability for members to swap products they do not want without worrying about everyone having received that same product.
3. We LOVE small product making businesses! Our preference is to promote emerging brands so we work with smaller product makers to allow them to be featured in SwapSack.
Let’s keep it real- does it get ANY better ladies?
And because I love all of you, NapturalNicole.com is hosting a GIVEAWAY!!!
The Prize: A one month subscription to Swap-Sack.com
How to Enter- 2 Steps:
1. Leave a comment below saying “I want my SwapSack”
2. Go to http://www.facebook.com/swapsack and ‘like’ the page
That’s it! The lucky winner will be announced- Wednesday, January 16, 2013, and her subscription will start in February!
Even if you don’t win- you can still get in on the swap- go subscribe NOW!
What products would you like to see in your SwapSack, Curlies?
** I was not compensated for this review- which means I really LOVE it! **