I could barely wait to share my results after trying this three strand twist tutorial by sobeautiful82 on YouTube- Tutorial Video I LOVE THIS LOOK!!!
What led me to three strands was my lack of definition with two strand twists. As a 4a girl, I have my own spirally curls to work with, and the large wavyness of the two strand twist seem to work against them and bend them into shapes they weren’t happy with. Especially while my hair is shorter (I’ll probably revisit two strands at the two year growth mark). Three strand twists gives me perfect cork screw curls that last and look beautiful. Here’s how:
1. Divide a small portion of washed, still damp hair into three sections- as if you’re going to braid it. Then using the tutorial above, twist esha piece around the other until you get a cone like shape here.
2. Finish the twists around your head. They don’t have to be super tiny, because easy twist will be 3 smaller twists.
3. When you take them out you’ll have pretty spiral curls like this.
4. And a fluffy curly fro like this:
5. But because of the tight curly definition, you’ll have shrinkage like this:
I preserve this style using the ‘pineapple method’ I discuss here. And that’s it! Perfect Curls, every time.
Happy twisting, Naturalistas!